Full-time, fixed term contract for 24 weeks from January 2019 (Pre and post construction phases and 16-week fit out)
We're on a mission to reinvent mini golf and leisure entertainment in the UK. Our first themed indoor mini golf attraction, Treetop Adventure Golf, opened in 2015 at St David's shopping centre in Cardiff. We opened our second location at The Printworks, Manchester in September 2018.
We're expanding and are excited to be opening Treetop Adventure Golf in an 18,000sqft unit at Highcross, Leicester in 2019, with more sites in the pipeline.
We invest for success and deliver outstanding guest experiences in a family-friendly but not family-only environment. Our indoor attractions have two, eighteen-hole Amazon themed mini golf courses with a café and bar serving cracking coffee, exotic cocktails, local beers and handmade pizzas.
We’re growing our team and are looking for a, fixed contract, Site Manager to oversee the fit out of Treetop Leicester. You’ll be responsible for the site on a day-to-day basis to ensure all works are done safely, on time, as per the detailed designs and to the highest standard. Our Site Manager will work closely with our design team and Project Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
– Supervise and coordinate sub-contractors on site and assist our Project Manager in delivering the project on time, to our standards, within budget and following the required safety, environmental and quality guidelines
– Pre-construction preparation works in coordination with our Project Manager and QS
– Supervise and organise site set-up to include the building of temporary office and facilities (such as toilets and welfare) for the construction site
– Manage site orientations, inductions and review sub-contractor RAMS and documentation
– Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to at all times
– Site administration - maintain full and up to date site records for inspection
– Manage all day to day activity onsite to include deliveries
– Accurately interpret information from architectural and structural drawings to instruct and coordinate the contractors as required and ensure detailed designs are followed
– Hold onsite contractors accountable to our standards
– Anticipate and calmly address any problems that arise onsite and in the coordination of contractors
– Coordinate and cooperate with the landlord team as required
– Attend all site meetings and provide detailed reports of site activities and progress
– Give input to programme revisions as required to meet changing needs
– Liaise with building control during the construction phase
– Oversee and witness the testing and commissioning of services
– Coordinate and oversee snagging during and after the construction phase
– Carry out a handover meeting to onsite team and provide support in opening weeks
Knowledge, Skills and Other Requirements
– Extensive experience in leisure, F&B and or retail sector fit-outs
– Considerable experience managing all trades including structural, M&E, joinery and plumbing
– Technically competent - must be skilled at interpreting design drawings
– Excellent listening, people management and strategic planning skills
– Problem solving approach and can-do attitude
– An understanding that the details really matter
– All-round competency with different trades
– Detailed knowledge of H&S and RAMs
– First Aid Qualification
– SSSTS (Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme) and CSCS qualifications
– Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
– Onsite in Leicester
– Multiple platforms for communicating with the team including video conferencing, phone, email, Slack and Trello
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV and a covering email to
email@example.com by 21st December 2018. All interview candidates will be required to prove that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.